We are seeking a highly qualified leader manage and grow applications engineering for SiC power products (discrete devices, co-packaged smart power devices and high power modules). The company provides a rich environment for technical and career growth in this exciting field, with excellent projections for commercial success. Position will report directly to the VP of WW Sales/Marketing.
· Manage and further develop the applications engineering group. Guide the FAE staff worldwide.
· Develop application demos and application tutorials targeting major growing application segments to demonstrate how best to design with our switch and diode products. This will cover the following product segments
o JBS diode and Cascode discrete products
o Co-packaged IC + FET devices
o Lower current IPM/ PCB type modules
o Higher power modules 650-1700V
o Ultra-high voltage modules
· Work with customers to understand the evolution of their systems and products, and translate that understanding into product definition. Key application segments of interest
o EV On-board and fast chargers. EV DC-DC converters
o PV Inverters
o Server and Telecom Power supplies. Other KW class DC-DC converters
o EV Inverters, Inverters for Servo Drives for Industrial applications
o UPS systems
· Develop an online system to guide product selection by target application, providing a first order power loss and efficiency estimate
· Develop improved internal systems to guide application specific product designs
· Ph.D. with >10years experience power device applications and an established track record in at least 2 of the following areas, with knowledge of 650V-1200V Wide-bandgap discrete and module products
o Charger applications, covering EV OBC and Fast chargers, Forklift chargers. Vehicle DC-DC converters
o PV applications
o Server and Telecom Power supplies
o Product definition of ICs for system solution development
· Established record of leading applications activity. Experience with product definition working with customers on new system designs.
· Knowledge of power electronics system design for power converters covering all major topologies and control methods. Similar knowledge of motor control design a plus.
· In depth knowledge of software for simulation, PCB hardware development and testing of power electronics for guide customer designs and demo board development.
· Experience with online design tool creation to simplify product selection for our customers.