We are seeking a highly qualified Director of Applications – SiC to manage and grow applications engineering for SiC power products (discrete devices, co-packaged smart power devices and high power modules). The company provides a rich environment for technical and career growth in this exciting field, with excellent projections for commercial success. Position will report directly to the VP of WW Sales/Marketing.
- Manage and further develop the applications engineering group. Guide the FAE staff worldwide.
- Develop application demos and application tutorials targeting major growing application segments to demonstrate how best to design with our switch and diode products. This will cover the following product segments
- JBS diode and Cascode discrete products
- Co-packaged IC + FET devices
- Lower current IPM/ PCB type modules
- Higher power modules 650-1700V
- Ultra-high voltage modules
- Work with customers to understand the evolution of their systems and products, and translate that understanding into product definition. Key application segments of interest
- EV On-board and fast chargers. EV DC-DC converters
- PV Inverters
- Server and Telecom Power supplies. Other KW class DC-DC converters
- EV Inverters, Inverters for Servo Drives for Industrial applications
- UPS systems
- Develop an online system to guide product selection by target application, providing a first order power loss and efficiency estimate
- Develop improved internal systems to guide application specific product designs
- Ph.D. with >10years experience power device applications and an established track record in at least 2 of the following areas, with knowledge of 650V-1200V Wide-bandgap discrete and module products
- Charger applications, covering EV OBC and Fast chargers, Forklift chargers. Vehicle DC-DC converters
- PV applications
- Server and Telecom Power supplies
- Product definition of ICs for system solution development
- Established record of leading applications activity. Experience with product definition working with customers on new system designs.
- Knowledge of power electronics system design for power converters covering all major topologies and control methods. Similar knowledge of motor control design a plus.
- In depth knowledge of software for simulation, PCB hardware development and testing of power electronics for guide customer designs and demo board development.
- Experience with online design tool creation to simplify product selection for our customers.
|Job Category||Director of Applications|