We are looking for a high-caliber Sr. Manager of Applications Engineering that will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in product definition, product characterization/validation, collateral creation, competitive analysis, and strategic customer/sales support and training. You will work closely with industry leading customers as well as our cross-functional internal team on leading edge power management solutions for Automotive and Industrial applications.
- In this role, you will be a subject matter expert with target customers/markets relative to our products and their applications along with the requirements for and value propositions of our offerings in automotive and industrial applications.
- Being a high visibility role within the business unit, you will work with the strategic marketing team, lead the technical roadmap, champion the definition, realization, and customer acceptance of our innovative new products.
- You will enhance capabilities of the team, strengthen the infrastructure and establish best practices for the system application engineering team. Manage the day-to-day operations of the team, including the prioritization of tasks, adherence to schedules, and ownership of the quality and quantity of the team’s work products
- You will create technical documents, reports, and compelling collateral to support marketing and sales efforts along with solving customer problems
- You will create and deliver customer and sales/FAE training; deploy personnel as needed to customer sites for pre- and post-sales support
- You will establish the department budget and maintain compliance to it
- Honestly and fairly assess the performance of team members; set individual and team goals; mentor and guide your staff to ensure that best practices are being followed and that continuous improvement is taking place at the individual and team level
- BSEE or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering along with 10-15 years of industrial experience in Power Management technologies.
- Proven experience in applications engineering for power management products, preferably in a leadership role.
- A solid understanding of analog and digital electronics, DC-DC converter topologies, magnetics, EMC and familiarity with mixed signal semiconductors.
- Experience with pSpice or SIMPLIS platforms is essential, Matlab/ Simulink and Labview expertise is desirable.
- Good verbal and written commutation skills and ability to effectively deliver presentations at engineering and management levels.
- Strong lab skills and proficiency with laboratory procedures and equipment, e.g., oscilloscopes, power supplies, spectrum analyzers, circuit debugging.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with automotive applications and/or functional safety/ASIL is desirable
|Job Category||Sr. Manager of Applications Engineering|